Casino Hold’em is a casino version of currently popular poker game Texas Hold’em. As poker players know, in texas hold´em players play against each other, but in casino hold´em, players play against the house. It is available to play online at casinos at VIP Suite.
The rules are as follows.
- Play begins with each player making an Ante wager.
- The dealer gives the player and himself two hole cards and three community cards face up on the table.
- Each player must decide to either fold or call. If the player folds, then he gives up his cards and his Ante bet. If the player calls, then the Call bet must be equal to two times the Ante bet.
- The dealer will then deal two more community cards, for a total of five. The dealer will then turn over his own two cards.
- Both hands shall be scored according the highest poker value of the two hole cards and five community cards.
- The dealer must have a pair of fours or better to qualify. If the dealer does not qualify then the Ante will pay according to the Ante pay table below and the Call bet will push.
- If the dealer qualifies and beats the player, then the player will lose both the Ante and Call.
- If the dealer qualifies and the player beats the dealer then the Ante will pay according to the Ante pay table below and the Call bet will pay 1 to 1.
- If the dealer qualifies and the player ties the dealer then both Ante and Call bets will push.
Ante Pay Table
|4 of a Kind||10x|
|Straight or Less||1x|
Unfortunately there is noeasy way to quantify optimal strategy for this game. I cansay the optimal strategy player will raise 82% of the time.So only in the worst 18% of hands should the player fold. Ingeneral these are when the player has two singletons in thehole that are low compared to the flop, with little or nochance for a straight or flush.
I am aware of two side bets, known as the AA+ as follows. Both are based on the poker value of the player’s two cards and the three flop cards.
In version 1 a flush or higher pays 25 to 1 and a pair of aces to a straight pays 7 to 1. Following is the return table. The lower right cell shows a house edge of 6.40%.
AA+ Side Bet
|4 of a Kind||40x|
|Straight or Less||7x|