Blackjack is a card game, commonly played with a standard full deck of cards. The aim to win this game is to beat the dealer by possessing a higher card value without going over 21. Possessing a total card value exceeding 21 means ‘bust’, indicating that you have lost.
Useful tips to help you win when playing Blackjack online
- Play at a table that requires dealer to stand on Soft 17 (Ace & 6)
- Play at table that allows players to double down on any two cards
- Always double down at 11
- Double down if you have 9 or a soft hand (Ace that counts as 11) of 13 through 17 against the dealer’s 5 or 6
- Double down if you have a 10 against a 9 or lower
- Always split Aces
- Always split 2 or 3 against dealer’s 4, 5, 6
- Always split 7 or 8 against dealer’s 4, 5, 6
- Split 7 or 8 against dealer’s card of the same value or less
- Never split 10s, face cards or 5s
- Stand on any hand that equals 12 or higher when the dealer is showing a 4, 5 or 6
- Hit on any hand that is less than 17 if dealer is showing Ace, K, Q, J, 10, 9, 8
- Try to not take insurance all the time and stick to your initial bets. A little bit of instinct and luck helps at times.
Card Values For Blackjack
If Blackjack is something new to you, the first thing that you’ll need to know before you start playing is the card values. Each numbered cards carry the same value as the number shown on the card, a face card carries the value of 10, and Aces could either carry the value of 1 or 11 (generally, if you have 2 face cards and an Ace, the Ace will be counted as 1; if you have only 1 face card and an Ace, the Ace will be counted as 11, which makes your hand a Natural 21 or simply, a Blackjack).
Blackjack Basic Terms & Definition
Blackjack = an Ace and a card worth 10 points (a Natural 21)
Hole = Dealer’s card that is face down
Hit = Drawing another card
Stand = Taking no more cards
Bust = Possessing a total card value exceeding 21, resulting in automatic loss
Push = When the player and dealer tie, having the same hand value. Neither wins, and the player’s bet is returned.
Double Down = Player double up their bet by adding chips beside initial bet, after receiving the first two cards. Doing so will result in drawing only 1 more card, subsequently.
Split = Splitting into two different hands and placing an additional bet equal to your initial bet is permitted if the first 2 cards you receive are of same value. The hands will then be played like normal and treated as 2 separate bets.
Insurance = Option to wager half of your original bet if the dealer’s face up card is an Ace.
Even Money = Dealer offers even money if you have a blackjack and dealer’s face up card is an Ace.